If you are one who is looking forward to getting a fit body then these guidelines are for you. When you take up workouts then to get maximum out of it you have to follow these guidelines. In order to start your exercise with confidence, you have to put together the body fitness terms through each and every phase of the program. Each one of us is a beginner at some point in time in our life.
Know basic Gym terminology
Rep means the number of times you need to perform an exercise. Whereas a set goes hand in hand with a rep which means a number of times you will repeat your desired reps. Engage your core means contracting your abdominal muscles to support your body during movement.
Types of fitness programs
- Spot reduction: This type of program focuses on losing fat from specific areas of the body. It promises that a loss of belly fat or smaller thighs are aimed at people who would like to reduce fat from that specific body part. Though it isn’t possible to target fat loss from just one part of the body, weight loss happens due to a combination of factors, including your stage of life and genetics.
- LISS: Low-Intensity Steady State is a form of exercise at a low but consistent intensity over a period of time. It is quite an effective form of weight loss. Walking, cycling or swimming are a few common examples of LISS.
- HIIT: High-intensity interval training is completely opposite that of LISS. In this instead of training at a low intensity, most of the effort is given for a certain period of time. HIIT is a really effective training method nowadays because it encourages the “afterburn” effect. In this way, your body’s metabolism stays elevated even after you have finished exercising.
- Interval training: In the case of this type of training, you are alternating between bursts of intense activity and bursts of lighter activity. You have been walking for 1 minute which is further followed by a 1-minute sprint. Apart from that, it can complete 15 burpees followed by 30 regular squats. This sort of exercise may help you to burn more calories in a shorter amount of time as well as improve your body fitness levels.
- Circuit training: This is a form of exercising in which you can do a particular exercise for a certain number of reps or amount of time just before moving on to the next exercise. This is not necessarily based on how many reps you can do rather how many reps you can do in a certain amount of time.
- Plyometric training: If you’re doing plyometrics, then you are actually stretching a muscle after which there is a rapid contraction. Therefore, there is a combination of stretching and contracting which enables you to increase both power and speed, and can easily be done using your body weight as resistance.
Some nutrients can be a little harder to get than others as your body is capable of producing some while it is incapable to produce few of them. Those nutrients must be consumed through eating food and such nutrients are known as essential nutrients. A “supplement” is something that helps you to improve your diet. They are in many forms such as multivitamins to herbs or protein powder.
Thus, when you are aware of commonly used terms of gym and body fitness then you can understand your body and suitable workouts for you in a better way. This will help you to get the maximum from your workouts as well. Besides that, you must also have a better understanding of nutrition so that you feel more confident and empowered.