state of health you are one who is looking forward to getting a fit body then these guidelines are for you. When you take up workouts then to get maximum out of it you have to follow these guidelines. In order to start your exercise with confidence, you have to put together body fitness terms through each and every phase of the program. Each one of us is a beginner at some point in time in our life.
Know basic Gym terminology
Rep means the number of times you need to perform an exercise. Whereas a set goes hand in hand with a rep which means a number of times you will repeat your desired reps. Engaging your core means contracting your abdominal muscles to support your body during movement.
Types of fitness programs
- Spot reduction: This type of program focuses on losing fat from specific areas of the body. It promises that a loss of belly fat or smaller thighs is aimed at people who would like to reduce fat from that specific body part. Though it isn’t possible to target fat loss from just one part of the body, weight loss happens due to a combination of factors, including your stage of life and genetics.
- LISS: Low-Intensity Steady State is a form of exercise at a low but consistent intensity over a period of time. It is quite an effective form of weight loss. Walking, cycling or swimming are a few common examples of LISS.
- HIIT: High-intensity interval training is completely opposite to that of LISS. In this instead of training at a low intensity, most of the effort is given for a certain period of time. HIIT is a really effective training method nowadays because it encourages the “afterburn” effect. In this way, your body’s metabolism stays elevated even after you have finished exercising.
- Interval training: In the case of this type of training, you are alternating between bursts of intense activity and bursts of lighter activity. You have been walking for 1 minute which is further followed by a 1-minute sprint. Apart from that, it can complete 15 burpees followed by 30 regular squats. You may burn more calories this way and improve your fitness levels.
- Circuit training: This is a form of exercise in which you can do a particular exercise for a certain number of reps or amount of time just before moving on to the next exercise. The number of reps you can do in a given time is what matters, not how many you can do.
- Plyometric training: If you’re doing plyometrics, then you are actually stretching a muscle after which there is a rapid contraction. Using your body weight as resistance, you can increase both power and speed by stretching and contracting.
Some nutrients are harder to get than others because your body can produce some while it can’t produce others. Those nutrients must be consumed through eating food and such nutrients are known as essential nutrients. A “supplement” is something that helps you to improve your diet. They are in many forms such as multivitamins to herbs or protein powder.
When you know commonly used gym and fitness terms, you can better understand yourself and suitable workouts for you. This will help you to get the maximum from your workouts as well. Besides that, you must also have a better understanding of nutrition so that you feel more confident and empowered.