Staying slim is not only important for enhancing the look but it is necessary for maintaining health. In order to achieve this goal, you need to first determine the ideal body weight on the basis of your gender, age, body shape, and type. Body mass index can be calculated by using your body weight and height and by using it you can easily find whether you are underweight, overweight or have ideal weight. If you want to stay slim and fit and take off that few inches from your waistline, then there are few tips that you can follow.
10 Best Tips To Stay Slim
- Stop eating once you are 80% full: When you are not completely full, then your stomach will perform better with more space to produce digestive juices and break down food. This can be best done by eating slowly, eating slowly also enhances satiety and also allow you to better enjoy the flavor of the food.
- Check the portion size: While eating you should keep an eye on the portion size. It helps in the process of controlling portion that helps in supporting weight loss. You can do this by using smaller plates, bowls and even serving spoons.
- Have detox drinks: You must start your day by drinking lemon water. It helps in improving digestion as well as flushes out toxins, balances the pH levels and helps in maintaining a healthy weight.
- Be active: One major reason for having unhealthy weight is lack of physical activity. You may feel that you are losing weight and staying slim with different weight loss diets, but you must exercise to burn calories.
- Have a healthy breakfast: Those who eat fewer times a day tend to be heavier than people who have a healthy breakfast and eat 4 or 5 times a day. A high-protein breakfast could help in the process of slimming as it will help in controlling your appetite.
- Identify when you are hungry: You may confuse thirst for hunger and end up eating a snack when the body is actually demanding water. In order to find whether you are hungry or thirsty, drink a glass of water and wait at least for 15 minutes. If still, you desire to eat subsides, then you are probably thirsty, not hungry.
- Avoid fatty fast food: Fatty fast foods are always blamed for weight gain. If you want to become slim and cut down fats and calories in your diet then you must opt for healthier food choices.
- Less stress: Stress is one of the most common factors that enhance weight gain because it increases the rate at which your body stores fat and reduces your ability to burn fat. It also reduces stress and aggression, increases metabolism and facilitates weight loss.
- Take proper sleep: Lack of sleep increases the risk of weight gain and obesity. Sleep deprivation will slow down your metabolism and affects your hormones, which will ultimately increase your hunger and decrease your sense of being full after a meal.
- Go for regular medical check-ups: You may keep track of your weight and if you experience some sudden or unexplained weight gain you should consult your doctor to rule out the possibility of an underlying condition.
Thus, by following these tips you can easily shred that extra inches of your body and have a slim and fit body.